Super Visa: How To Bring Your Parents And Grandparents To Canada
Are you looking for a way to bring your parents or grandparents to Canada? The Super Visa program is the answer. It allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit Canada for up to two years without having to renew their status. The Super Visa is an excellent way for families who are living in different countries to come together and enjoy each other’s company. In this blog post, we will discuss how you can apply for a Super Visa so that your family can be reunited in Canada. We will also look at the requirements and benefits of the Super Visa program, as well as any potential issues you may encounter along the way. Read on for all the details! If you still have any room for assistance, contact Immigration lawyers in Canada.
Who is eligible for a Super Visa?
To be eligible for a Super Visa, applicants must:
1) Grandparents and parents of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
2) If your Canadian kid or grandchild has a gross income below the LICO threshold, they can help you apply by writing a letter of financial assistance.
3) Applicants need a letter of invitation signed by their Canadian child or grandchild detailing the names and numbers of everyone living in the sponsor’s home.
4) The applicant must provide confirmation that they have Canadian medical insurance with a minimum annual benefit of $100,000 that covers all necessary medical expenses, hospitalization, and repatriation.
5) Applicants should be able to get a temporary residence visa and not be ineligible due to criminal history or health issues.
6) Proof that the applicant has had a medical examination required by immigration authorities
How to apply for a Super Visa
If you meet all of the above requirements, you can apply for a Super Visa online or by mail. The application process is the same as using for any other type of visa, but you will need to include additional documentation, such as proof of medical insurance and your letter of invitation. Once your application is received, it will be processed by an immigration officer who will make a decision on whether or not to issue the visa. If your application is approved, you will receive your Super Visa in the mail along with instructions on how to use it.
A list of the documents needed to apply for the Super Visa
One application to sponsor your parents or grandparents, and another application for permanent residence on their behalf, must be submitted together. Please include the following materials with both applications:
- Photocopies of passports and digital images;
- Any and all immigration application forms detailed on the IRCC’s website and detailed in the accompanying checklist;
- Canada immigration status document for the sponsor;
- The sponsor’s evidence of residence in Canada;
- Certificates of citizenship;
- Evidence proving the sponsor’s income is above the threshold for the three tax years before the sponsorship application;
- Certificates of Good Standing from all nations where the sponsored individual (parent or grandparent) has spent six months or more since turning eighteen;
- Sponsoring family members (parent or grandparent’s) medical exam results;
- Documentation that the necessary processing costs have been paid.
The Benefits of the Super Visa
The Super Visa is a multiple-entry visa that allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to stay in Canada for up to two years at a time. There are many benefits to the Super Visa, including the ability to spend more time with family in Canada, free health care, and the opportunity to explore all Canada offers.
The first and perhaps most obvious benefit of the Super Visa is spending more time with family members living in Canada. For many people, this is the primary reason for applying for a visa. The longer duration of stay allowed by the Super Visa means that grandparents can visit their grandchildren more often, and parents can be there for important milestones like birthdays and graduations.
Finally, the Super Visa provides holders with an opportunity to explore all that Canada has to offer. From its stunning natural scenery to its vibrant cities, there is much to see and do in this country. Holders of the Super Visa can take advantage of this by spending extended periods of time exploring different parts of Canada.
The Super Visa is a great way to bring your parents and grandparents to Canada if you meet the necessary requirements. To understand the requirements thoroughly, reach out to reputable immigration law firms in Mississauga. Its generous duration of stay, easy application process, and flexibility make it an ideal option for those looking to reunite with their family in Canada. We hope this article has provided you with all the information you need about how to obtain a Super Visa for your loved ones. Now that you know what’s involved, why not get started on making arrangements today?