It has been two years since the COVID 19 pandemic changed how we live and function. Though many of us are returning to work, school, and regular activities, life will indeed be different. It is indeed a “new normal” we are looking at. Travel seems to have picked up, and many of us are quite relieved to travel for work or at least take a long vacation. We must, however, remember to take several precautions as we travel. Some of these are mandates, and some are simply good practices for our safety. Let us look at some of the essentials that we must pack in before heading out for travel.
- Masks – Masks are probably the most important items you will need. While most governments have started to revoke the mask mandate, airlines, buses, and railways still insist on passengers wearing masks. Quite honestly, N95 masks and triple-layered disposable masks keep you and your loved ones safe and are well worth using when you step out of your home.
- Hand Sanitiser – A hand sanitiser is now essential. Every time we step out of our homes, we pick up a hand sanitiser with our wallets and keys. Travel exposes us to many more surfaces that several people touch. This exposure to the infected surface makes it necessary to wash hands repeatedly. When that is not possible, a hand sanitizer for travel becomes essential. A 24-hour protection sanitiser like Just Human sanitiser is best suited for travel.
- Disinfectant Wipes – Taking a long trip on a train, a bus, or a plane can expose you to several surfaces that are regularly touched. Restaurant tables, ticket counters, food trays – there are numerous surfaces that you may want to sanitise. A handy packet of disinfectant wipes could be your best friend when you head out to travel.
- All-in-one Sanitizer – All-in-one sanitisers are sprays that disinfect air and surfaces. It is good to use them before you enter restrooms or sit on bus seats. Entering a cramped small area without ventilation can put your health and safety in danger. These all-in-one sprays must be part of your kit of travel essentials.
- Safe Disposal Bags – When you are setting out to travel, it is important to carry some safe disposal bags. These are perfect for disposing of used masks, wipes, gloves, tissues, and anything else you may want to throw away but could be infected.
- Mobile Devices – These days, mobile devices are everywhere. Everyone has a smartphone, but given the paperless trend that has taken hold of the world after the onset of the pandemic, your mobile device is used for much more than just communication. From digital wallets to paperless tickets and from your vaccination certificate to booking confirmations, you can carry a number of documents in an electronic format.
Travelling post-pandemic has changed in many ways. This means packing all the things that will keep you and your family safe. Travelling with children may also need considerable planning. From kids hand sanitizer to child size masks and a lot of extra tissues, you will need extra supplies to keep you safe.